This article is very helpful and therapeutic in helping those of us who are sensitive to put words to what we experience everyday and to know it also has been recognized by science. Hopefully, it lead to more awareness and acceptance. Thanks Diane!
The definitions between an Empath and a highly sensitive person (HSP) are so similar that some may question as to which camp they fall in. Hopefully, after reading this you may have a better idea.
Here are some of the type of questions Elaine N. Aron uses in her book, ‘The Highly Sensitive Person’, to decide a HSP:
(The stronger you relate to the questions is an indication of your Sensitivity.)
- Are you aware of subtleties in your environment?
- Do other people’s moods affect you?
- Are you sensitive to pain?
- Do you need to withdraw if you are having a busy day?
- Are you sensitive to the effects of caffeine?
- Are you easily overwhelmed by strong smells, bright lights or loud noises?
- Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
- Are you conscientious?
- Do you startle easily?
- Are you aware how to make others feel more comfortable?
- Do you…
View original post 758 more words